I received the following message this morning, from a friend who prides herself in her conservatism. The question: from a Constitutional/conservative/small government standpoint, what is wrong with the message?
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Take a look at this and just remember elections in Nov. 2010.
U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
1. They voted to not give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
2. Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
3. Over 2-yrs they each get $10,000
4. Do you feel SCREWED?
5. Will they have your cost of drugs – doctor fees – local taxes – food, etc., increase?
NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don’t care.
6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al, care about you? SEND THE MESSAGE– You’re FIRED.
IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE SITTING CONGRESS:
Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE, AND 100% OF THE HOUSE. VOTE THEM OUT.
MAKE SURE YOU’RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER 2010 AND REMIND THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.
It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Maybe it’s time for the……..
Amendment 28 Vote For It.
“Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .”
Let’s get this passed around, folks – these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves!!! It’s time for retribution. Let’s take back America.
If you don’t forward this to all your friends you’re just part of the problem of national apathy.