Simcha Whitehill, writing for The Frisky, provides this. My comments are included:
As you Frisky readers know, I’ve had a bumpy ride as a single gal. Unfortunately, it was a stroll down memory lane to share with you the 12 signs the man you’re dating is a loser. But that doesn’t mean a girl can’t be a dud, too! Case in point? “Megan Wants a Millionaire.” For all you Frisky guy readers, check out my 13 signs that you may be dating a loser! Then, lose her.
1. Baby, I’m Yours: She wants to have kids so she can stop working and mooch off you. Now who’s the child?
While most conservative men–like myself–want the SAHM, we absolutely abhor the one who cops the attitude that says, “I want to be married so I can stay home and sit on my butt and eat while you work and pay off all the debts I racked up as a single.”
2. She Needs To Do Everything With You: It’s one thing to share experiences, but it’s another thing to need someone to hold your hand all the time. When it goes beyond wanting to spending time together to demanding it constantly, you have to wonder, what’s her problem?
When I lived in Indiana, I had a relationship end very badly on this. She was extraordinarily possessive, wanting to account for almost the nanosecond of where I spent my time.
Guys will view this as a telltale sign of profound instability. Most of the time, that assessment is correct.
3. Party Pooper: She’s mopey when you’re not giving her 100 percent of your attention. When you start having fun, she’s wants to leave.
Never had that happen to me.
4. Sex As A Weapon: Putting out is the bartering chip she’s been using since her school days, but it’s a cheap ploy. A clever woman who respects herself doesn’t have to abuse her sexual power.
If she’s doing that within the marriage, then she’s not comporting herself according to Biblical standards. In fact, Paul admonishes husbands and wives to be accommodating to each other in this department.
We can haggle over the premise that both should be considerate of each other–and there will be no disagreement–but husbands and wives need to be predisposed to putting out for each other.
If a man is having sex in this situation–which is dating/courtship and not marriage–them he has only himself to blame. If he shows flagrant disregard for the covenant act with her, then why should he be so incredulous that his girlfriend returns the favor?
5. Dirty-Flirty Double Standard: She flirts with dudes in front of you, shamelessly. Then, she gets super mad and makes a scene if you so much as give a cute waitress your order.
If she’s flirting with dudes in front of me, there’s a special title for her: EX.
6. High-Maintenance Ho: She’s constantly complaining and barking orders. Everyone around her rolls their eyes at her demands. Why doesn’t she get off her duff and do it herself?
What part of Ephesians 5 does she not understand?
7. Friend Indeed: She forces you to show off to her lady friends with grand displays of obedience, love, and virility. But she never wants to hang out with you and your best bros. Why is it she expects people to thinks she’s impressive when she never does anything to impress them?
I’ve not experienced this myself, but I would not be surprised, as men often parade a “trophy wife”. Both would be wrong to do this.
8. Parent Trap: She blames her life’s problems on her parents, yet she depends on them, a lot.
Someone who is always complaining about her parents, will almost certainly become like them. The Biblical imperative–honor your father and mother–is still in play, and it is not contingent on them fulfilling their roles to your satisfaction. Nor is their honor contingent on them fulfilling the commands of Scripture.
After all, when you are a parent, you are going to want your kids to honor you, even though you will at times fall short of the glory.
9. Social Climber: She’s always looking for someone richer to kiss up to. When it comes to making new friends, she’s a total snob.
If a man gives a gal like this more than one date, then he has no room to complain.
10. Beauty Is Only Skin Deep: She thinks she should be famous, but she hasn’t done anything to warrant admiration besides look pretty.
See answer to #9.
11. Eau De Desperation: She reeks of needing a man, and she will stop at nothing to bag one. When she’s single, her female friends even feel like they have to hide their boyfriends for fear she will try to pounce.
See answer top #10.
12. One-Way Street: You’re constantly doing things for her, but, as Janet Jackson would put it, “What have you done for me lately?” If she’s going to act like a princess, why doesn’t she treat you like the prince of a gentleman you are?
See answer to #11.
13. Go Fish: She’s always looking for compliments. You have to constantly reassure her that she’s amazing, but her response always seems to say: “I know.”
See answer to #12.