03/30/2006: This, from Joatmoaf at the blog I love Jet Noise, who reports a memo distributed to the CO at a Navy base in the Middle East:
To: All Commands
Subject: Inappropriate T-Shirts
Ref: ComMidEastFor Inst 16134//24 K
1. The following T-shirts are no longer to be worn on or off base by any military or civilian personnel serving in the Middle East:
* “Eat Pork Or Die” [both English and Arabic versions]
* “Shrine Busters” [Various. Show burning minarets or bomb/artillery shells impacting Islamic shrines. Some with unit logos.]
* “Napalm, Sticks Like Crazy” [Both English and Arabic versions]
* “Goat – it isn’t just for breakfast any more.” [Both English and Arabic versions]
* “The road to Paradise begins with me.” [Mostly Arabic versions but some in English. Some show sniper scope cross-hairs]
* “Guns don’t kill people. I kill people.” [Both Arabic and English versions]
* “Pork. The other white meat.” [Arabic version]
* “Infidel” [English, Arabic and other coalition force languages.]
2. The above T-shirts are to be removed from Post Exchanges upon receipt of this directive.
3. The following signs are to be removed upon receipt of this message:
* “Islamic Religious Services Will Be Held at the Firing Range at 0800 Daily.”
* “Do we really need ‘smart bombs’ to drop on these dumb bastards?”
4. All commands are instructed to implement sensitivity training upon receipt.
I need to buy some of those t-shirts! 😉
As for sensitivity training, I’d say the Islammunists need it.